Preston Hill Surgery are seeking an experienced GP receptionist and administrator. This is a part time position for 20 hours per week.
You will be working in a fast pace environment and are the first point of contact, ensuring that all patients and visitors receive a warm welcome and excellent service. Also, you will assist the team in administrative functions to support the running of the Practice and contribute to patient care. The opportunity will give you an insight into business and administration role within NHS sector with long term prospects. The Practice opens at 8:00am and closes at 6:30pm; your shifts will cover these timings.
You will receive an induction prior to starting, which will provide a great opportunity to be introduced to the team and find your feet in the Practice.
From there, you will use your existing experience to work autonomously, alongside the existing admin team and the other clinicians on site.
- Welcoming patients to the surgery in courteous manner and projecting a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors.
- Practice provides extended hours for patient's access.
- Providing general information, assistance and directing patients in accessing the appropriate service.
- Answering the telephone and transfer calls to the appropriate healthcare professional or other team members, also reviewing and allocating E-consultation request appointments appropriately within the clinical team.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and consultations and dealing with requests for home visits, changing appointments etc.
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system.
- Registering new patients and ensuring all necessary information is obtained and entered.
- Updating patients' medical records as required.
- Processing patient's medical records deduction and arrival of records.
- Assisting patients with the completion of any forms, as necessary.
- Filling, photocopying and scanning organisational documents, records, patients' documentations.
- Facilitating effective communication between patients, members of the health care team and visitors.
- Checking, filling and issuing prescriptions to patients and resolving any issues patients may have in relation to a prescription request.
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Assisting in typing referrals and reports.
- Reporting any problems with the premises, medical equipment or the running of the practice to the manager.
- Ensuring the reception area, noticeboards, the entrance remain tidy and welcoming.
- Abiding by all legislation in relation to patient information, data protection and confidentiality.
- Following practises procedures and protocols.
- Undertaking any other administrative duties that may arise from time to time to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
- Support Administrator to the Reception Manager/Practice Manager.
This list is not exhaustive and gives a broad flavour of what type of work can be expected to be carried out in a GP Surgery.
TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. We are looking for someone who:
- Has strong communications skill's both verbal and written, including courteous and confident telephone manner.
- Has good attention to detail, accuracy, quick thinking, speed and able to multitask.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain punctuality at all times.
- Is well organised and systematic in approach to administrative functions.
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Is empathetic and patient, willing to take time to understand patients who may be in pain or distress?
- Is motivated, proactive and willing to work as a part of the team.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Is keen to learn and willing to put in the extra work to achieve all aspects of this programme.
- Has A - C grades for GCSEs in Maths and English.
- Is flexible and able to start just before 8:00am and able to Finish at 6:30pm
- Polite and sympathetic approach to patients, visitors and staff members.
- Calm and helpful
The role is public facing, and you will be the first point of contact for patients, therefore applicants will need to be articulate and able to present themselves professionally.
To apply please email your CV to BRECCG.Prestonhillsurgery@nhs.net or send in your CV to Preston Hill Surgery, 121 Preston Hill, Harrow, HA3 9SN.